November had been a whirlwind of emotions as far as I’m concerned, and I’m glad it’s over. But of course I’m also grateful that it came for it has certainly given me the moxie to move on and focus forward. It’s now the first day of December and what better way to welcome Santa’s favorite month of the year than with a smiling face.
And a genuine one this time.
I have lots of reasons to smile now, as we all do, and one of them is the award first shared to me by John at Blithe and Untroubled Life:
Long before our involvement in the blogosphere, John and I had been writing longhand since high school and our audience was each other. Pen pals, indeed. Always with a positive outlook in life, John has been blogging about the beauty of living. Normalcy seems that much more attainable with his every post.
The same award was given to me by Kara at Hey Artist. Her blog is a reflection of her edginess and radiance. I like that she sees growth in me with every thought question I answer. I hope you all do too.
Then there’s Ben Naga who first had me at the immenseness of his mind through his poetic brilliance and then had me at “fractal” next, when he associated his nominees to chameleons. Fractal chameleons. Go figure.
And now comes the fun part. I guess it’s high time I pressed on with the tradition. But wait! There are rules that must be followed and they are as follows:
- Formally thank the person who gave the award.
- List 7 random things about yourself.
- Pass it on the award to 15 other bloggers
- Inform the bloggers of the award.
So to the three bloggers who picked me to receive the The Versatile Blogger award, yes you, you, and you, thanks heaps for the great appreciation. I enjoy your blogs, so I am delighted to see the feeling is mutual. It feels so good. I smile.
However, I sigh of unease because sharing seven random things people didn’t know about me is no picnic. But here you go:
- I was a high school valedictorian and I’m embarrassed about it so that’s something I usually leave out about myself. But oh well…I think one day I will write a post about that.
- I have only been using ‘Addie’ for three years now. It was given to me by a former co-worker named Happy.
- I came from a very small town that only knows me by the name Babylove. You can’t keep a good nickname down, I guess. Gives me a shiver when I hear people call me by said name, though.
- I become an instant Ms. Pure Energy once I enter the bathroom. The toilet as the thinker’s place? More like a concert stage to me. My siblings should have known better than to expect me to get out of there after 15 minutes.
- I took magic mushrooms for the first time on the day before my birthday. I’ve always wanted to try it out of curiosity and as far as its effects are concerned, and when my chance had finally arrived, I was excited and at the same time apprehensive because one is not supposed to take them when they’re emotionally unstable. And I was an emotional wreck that time. Here’s why. But I took them anyway. So what happened when I did? Ha! Addie ain’t telling.
- I can’t sleep unless I have a blanket covering me, even in hot weather.
- Also because I sleep topless.
Eeee…why do I feel so naked now? Ha-ha.
Lastly, let me share with you some of the other blogs I enjoy checking out from time to time. The rule says only 15 and it sucks because I have more than 15 in my Blogroll (check the left sidebar for my Blogroll and if you see your page in the list, that means I enjoy reading YOU). Anyway, here’s the shortened list:
- Babolnart’s Dash Chronicles: Because he is confident that whoever visits his site will like it there, and he’s right.
- Belle of the Carnival: Because I find the questions she leaves for her readers more thought-provoking than the questions I have been answering from Thought Questions.
- Diary Without Pages: Because he makes me realize that those little trivia in life which are often ignored shouldn’t be so.
- Footprints in The Air: Because I’m with her in her crusade for world peace.
- If I Were Brave: Because I use the same phrase every so often and I get inspired by each brave step she takes.
- J Lapis: Because she’s my ideal girl friend. And no, I’m not a lesbian. My sister is.
- Janie Has A Blog: Because she’s soooo cute I want to pinch her face off.
- Juan Busy: Because he gives the laziest character in Philippine folklore a better name. Also, he’s sort of busy-holic.
- Madness in Masquerade: Because everything she writes is heartfelt.
- Nelle Writes: And I’m a captive reader.
- Personal Concerns: Because he’s like a magician that can turn something unremarkable into something exceptionally written.
- The Shyness Project: Because she’s shy and the good thing is that she’s doing something about her shyness.
- The Somber September: Because he can turn one word into million pieces of deep and fresh perspectives.
- Walking the Labyrinth: Because she writes in a cleverly entertaining way and so do her dogs, Rose and Analaigh.
- Y Writes Whatever!: Because had it not been for her blog description, I wouldn’t have realized that writing is indeed therapeutic.
It was only last September when I finally decided to import my postings from Tumblr to WordPress. And I’m glad I did. While I’m grateful that most of you have found everything in here entertaining, I am more grateful for others who have called my attention regarding some contents I had once made public which should actually just be kept private. And so they are being kept private now.
I will still be writing more about the little moments of my life and continue to answer thought questions to the best of my ability. I don’t think I’d ever get out of being betwixt and between, but as I hold on to the main reason I blog, I should also keep tabs on responsible blogging.
So there you have it, the list of culprits for this silly smile I have been wearing for the last months and up to now. I shall wear the same smile when I wake up later today (it’s 4 am already) and tomorrow and the day after next til forever.
Well hey, I see you are smiling too. What’s making it?