Today, God has gifted me with another shot at life. My 25th.
For the last few years I have had the happiest times of my life, most of which were unplanned, happened in the spur of the moment, and had some unexpected consequences. I may not have turned out to be as wise or as terribly successful as some people expected me to be but I’m happy and the fact that I have done well so far is such a relief already.
I hope you do not mistake it for an overwhelming lack of ambition and general sense of complacency. The truth is, I still don’t know what I want BUT I am finding my way…slowly.
What’s more, I have already come to terms with the the fact that our twenties is indeed an uncertain time where we’re going to feel lost and uncomfortable. I’m also already at peace with the fact that my body, my job and my love life are not perfect. But, hey, I intend to rock it my way the whole decade long, even longer, if the Lord wills.
How to go about rocking it, you may ask. I got plans somehow:
- Celebrate womanhood everyday.
- Do things just for the story – something that I will enjoy retelling for years to come.
- Look around and try to pick up a few good habits. No bad deed goes unpunished, anyway.
- Get real about savings, about getting my finances in order.
- Sit back from time to time and just await the thrills of life and what it brings to me.
I’m adding some more to the list soon, but for now, that should do. You, ladies and gentlemen, younger or older, are, of course, encouraged to put your two cents in. Birthday treat, c’mon!
Thanks and have a lovely day, one and all!
(Related Post: Life’s Priceless Moment)